Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Strap-py affair!





Yes, this post is about straps - and before your imagination takes flight, let me assure you it's not about anything naughty! Quite the opposite actually...straps of shoes for toddlers.

My young one seldom gets his shoes right - they have had the pleasure of ending up on the wrong feet much to my displeasure. I don't believe I am alone in this hitch but that does not quite end my woes.


A little research on the information highway turned me towards exits that did little to reduce or improve my predicament in the least bit. What I learnt was that children are not inconvenienced, with their feet still taking on a harder outline, and therefore feel little discomfort for wearing them wrong. That does little to my discomfort of watching those tiny feet in action anticipating a tumble in the next step.

Observation has great power as I learnt a long time ago. And this is what I saw. My kiddo finds it more comfortable to strap the shoes in than out. Hence, he wears them so. A little experiment with my shoes made me realize that it is indeed easier to strap them on the inside.

Now I have no idea or inclination to research why the straps of shoes are on the outside. Maybe it's more comfortable to walk for adults with them on the outside, or they conform to our sense of beauty. I don't know.

What I wish for is, for shoe designers to create shoes with straps on the inside, or at least offer that option for shoes for the young ones. Till I come across one such pair (highly unlikely) or my kiddo grows out of wearing them wrong, this strappy affair of mine isn't going to end anytime soon. Sigh!



No comments:

Post a Comment