Sunday, December 22, 2013

Living in Minnesota - The Case of the Missing Keys!

At 8:15 am on the Thursday morning, I felt I was ready to burst. The car keys were missing, for the umpteenth time again. Meaning, there were not in all the places that they were supposed to be. So the search began in every pocket, every drawer, and nook and corner of the house.

A little background into the situation while the search is still on – car keys are usually the responsibility of hubby dear. Since we have moved to the US only a couple of months ago, there is just one ferry that goes back and forth between stops comprising of work, school, supermarkets and the like. Therefore, our lives revolve around this particular set of keys especially during the morning rush hour.

After about ten minutes of craziness I am beginning to wonder if the keys are at all anywhere in(side) the house. And the thought is scary, because if they are not inside, it means they are outside the house – somewhere deep in the snow! (Friends, its Minnesota, right?)

Now, there are duplicate keys, which are my responsibility, and right in the place that I keep them in. However, at that point in time, it was unarguably necessary to find the missing keys no matter what! As we trudged out into the snow with a prayer in my heart, I saw the most beautiful thing I could ever have hoped for.

While hubby dear had his head down looking for the lost treasure, he walked right past the large cardboard sign.

“Keys Found. Call R… “ (Sorry, had to blacken the real deal for reasons we all understand)

In the next couple of minutes, the case of the missing keys was closed. I could not believe our luck! And R, who not only kept our keys safe but put up a sign for us too! While we resumed the rest of the day, in the silence of the drive, we could hear our thoughts which were completely in tune for a change. What were our chances of finding the keys? Or the car for that matter? What if…

I have no idea. All I can say ... I love you R, I love Minnesota, I love this world...My faith stands restored! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment